1
I have since returned from my stint in China as a volunteer English teacher. 4 1/2 glorious months (mid February to end of June) where I came just a tad bit more out of my shell and also spent a few days in South Korea on a layover with 2 wonderful and adventurous friends. (Yes, we were in the same group volunteer teaching English.)
2
I have gone out on and returned from serving an LDS mission in Vancouver British Columbia (to confirm the rumors as well as numerous suspicions, definitely the most beautiful place on earth). It was crazy and amazing and helped me come pretty completely out of whatever comfort zone I used to be stuck in.
3
I finally moved out of my parents' house last year (2015) in July into one apartment complex; I have since moved into a different apartment complex and recent events have me trying to relocate to Park City for at least the next few months.
4
Since being home, I've had quite a few jobs; Ariix, Residence Inn by Marriott in downtown-ish Salt Lake, Pei Wei, Netflix, Family Support Centre, Fanzz at downtown SLC's arena, C3, and now All Resort Group in Park City. I have now officially quit Fanzz and will be pretty focused on ARG until hopefully going to Texas for the summer for a DirecTV sales opportunity and hopefully making bank.
5
I very recently crashed the Prius I started leasing in July of 2014; it was a horrible thing, because it happened just 2 exits before I would have gotten off to arrive at my apartment AND has led me to be an inconvenience to many people. It was a miracle in that I had the cruise on at 75 (yes, MILES an hour) and walked away without even sustaining whiplash. Thank heavens. People die in situations like that, all the time.
So, that's the last 5 years up to this point in a nutshell. I have learned a lot about myself, including:
1~I do have the guts and ability to travel to far away places and still make friends while I'm doing my thing.
2~I do have the strength to push myself and finish sometimes hard things, and I DON'T have to take crap from (and therefore enable) anyone. I can still be a generally nice person without being a complete doormat.
3~I CAN find it in myself to move on and make whatever time I choose the right time to DO and take whatever I decide is my next step.
4~I have the right to try all sorts of different things and get to know myself by the things I like and/or am interested in. And I don't have to like EVERYTHING I try.
5~I'm not invincible, but definitely have a guardian angel and need to avoid taking said guardian angel for granted. One can always be more careful AND grateful, especially in this day and ageI have the right to try all sorts of different things and get to know myself by the things I like and/or am interested in.
Hope everyone has a fantastic day~! And until next time, here's a super quote that we should all follow as much as possible:
"Hope on. Journey on."
--Elder Jeffrey R. Holland
I finally moved out of my parents' house last year (2015) in July into one apartment complex; I have since moved into a different apartment complex and recent events have me trying to relocate to Park City for at least the next few months.
4
Since being home, I've had quite a few jobs; Ariix, Residence Inn by Marriott in downtown-ish Salt Lake, Pei Wei, Netflix, Family Support Centre, Fanzz at downtown SLC's arena, C3, and now All Resort Group in Park City. I have now officially quit Fanzz and will be pretty focused on ARG until hopefully going to Texas for the summer for a DirecTV sales opportunity and hopefully making bank.
5
I very recently crashed the Prius I started leasing in July of 2014; it was a horrible thing, because it happened just 2 exits before I would have gotten off to arrive at my apartment AND has led me to be an inconvenience to many people. It was a miracle in that I had the cruise on at 75 (yes, MILES an hour) and walked away without even sustaining whiplash. Thank heavens. People die in situations like that, all the time.
So, that's the last 5 years up to this point in a nutshell. I have learned a lot about myself, including:
1~I do have the guts and ability to travel to far away places and still make friends while I'm doing my thing.
2~I do have the strength to push myself and finish sometimes hard things, and I DON'T have to take crap from (and therefore enable) anyone. I can still be a generally nice person without being a complete doormat.
3~I CAN find it in myself to move on and make whatever time I choose the right time to DO and take whatever I decide is my next step.
4~I have the right to try all sorts of different things and get to know myself by the things I like and/or am interested in. And I don't have to like EVERYTHING I try.
5~I'm not invincible, but definitely have a guardian angel and need to avoid taking said guardian angel for granted. One can always be more careful AND grateful, especially in this day and ageI have the right to try all sorts of different things and get to know myself by the things I like and/or am interested in.
Hope everyone has a fantastic day~! And until next time, here's a super quote that we should all follow as much as possible:
"Hope on. Journey on."
--Elder Jeffrey R. Holland
monica i love you! you are the best. thanks for sharing this
ReplyDelete