Saturday, January 15, 2011

On second thought.

So, about a couple weeks ago, there was an online sale for Rock Band Beatles. My copy came in the mail this past week, and I was able to play it with my family last night! FINALLY. It was wondrous. :)) And it hit me how AWESOME it is that The Beatles were so big back in the day, and how widely known they STILL are. Not many people or things in life have that kind of staying power... 

What do you think was on each of their minds when they first started out? We all want to change the world (they sang about that in Revolution), but do you think any of them planned on doing that as part of The Beatles? I wonder what the biggest dream was for each of them. Did they expect to go so far with their music? How did it feel to make such an impact on people? To realize that, HEY man. People are LISTENING to what we have to say, people far and wide know our NAMES, they recognize our FACES. That's a lot of power to have. And sooo many people went to their concerts and just tried to even get a glimpse of them in person. What would it feel like to see all the people whose lives you were impacting?? How crazy would it be to have even a sliver of an idea that you could actually CONTINUE to impact people's lives with a certain project after it was long done? I don't know if they set out to be forever remembered, I don't know EXACTLY how they felt, but I know that it's INCREDIBLE beyond measure that they succeeded at being and staying relevant.

Yes, I know I'm LATE in arriving at the realization of The Beatles being a truly epic band, but I'm glad I made it after all! I'm glad it didn't take me longer to realize. We each can be just as relevant to people in our lives as The Beatles were and are to so many people now. Just like The Beatles could never have had any idea how many people would listen to their music and their messages, we may never see the results of what our presence in other people's lives does. However, as long as we're working to stay positive while staying true to ourselves I believe we can EACH make huge differences in the world. People who don't even KNOW you see what you're doing out in the world. People who see you for just that moment when you're passing each other in life SEE you. And some of them will take note of what kind of person you seem to be. You could change someone's life by just being YOU, and you won't even know it. I'm sure you already have. I can say all of this with FULL confidence, because I am one who notices others and learns to be better by either following their example or not. Your small deeds and actions, be they good or be they bad, are sending people messages about WHO. YOU. ARE. Would you rather give people validation to continue making poor choices, or would you rather inspire someone to be at least a little bit better? Because your choices will always only be able to accomplish one of those things-validation for mediocrity or inspiration for something better. Which do you want to accomplish?

No comments:

Post a Comment